Monday 9 May 2011

Planning The Photoshoot

As my magazine is of the dubstep/dance culture I looked at magazines such as “Woofah” and “DJ” magazine to see how they portrayed male artists as the model on my front cover will be a male DJ. I noticed that when they have male DJ artists on their cover its wither a action clubbing shot of them or a medium close of them, revealing facial expressions and part of the background and also the main focus of the cover.  For example in “Woofah” magazine this shot of the artist is a medium close-up revealing the top of his clothing,  part of the background and importantly his facial expressions.
Therefore on my double page spread my male artist will be wearing DJ headphones whilst on a laptop playing a song. This will give the audience a direct mode of address that he is DJ due to the equipment he has. Also on the double page spread I will use a close-up shot of the artist creating a more personal feel. This will then link with the article placed next to the image as that speaks about how he started off as an artist. On the front cover of my magazine I will use a medium long shot of the artist holding a sub-woofer also with a smug smile. This again gives the audience a direct mode of address that he is a DJ as a sub-woofer is the main part to that genre of music that people enjoy. Also the smug face could come across as a bit cheeky and show confidence to the reader.
On the contents page I used a medium shot of the artist holding a sub-woofer on his shoulder pulling a wacky pose. This could link to the clubbing lifestyle and suggest the artist is a bit bonkers and could then relate back to the music genre. Lastly with the artist costume is a casual laid back style. This then tells the viewer this genre of music is not formal it fits to the party lifestyle. Lastly a lot of drum and bass artists and dubstep artist have crazy hair. Therefore I got my artist to make his hair crazy to create a direct mode of address to the audience that he does fit the dubstep/ drum and bass genre.
Overall the magazine should have quite a casual feel to it therefore the photoshoot shouldn’t be too structured. All of the images relate to the genre and look natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment