Saturday 14 May 2011

Evaluation Question 7

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?
Overall, looking back at my preliminary task and my final products and pieces, I feel that I have improved most on my knowledge on computer programming and how to use colours, language and layout effectively for my coursework. On the prelim task I used Microsoft word to construct and edit my music magazine. However in this product I have managed to accesses a more advanced technology known as Adobe Photoshop. With this I had so many more options available to edit photos and text, etc. I also feel I have improved on my knowledge of codes and conventions for media and how they are used in the magazine industry. Doing more magazine analysis and reading over conventions in more depth.
Secondly I have improved using my camera. At the start it took me a while to get the right angle and lighting for my pictures. However in this project the knowledge come to me a lot quicker and with practise I got a lot better at using my camera and knowledge of lighting. I learnt more about editing the contrast and saturation of photos in order to make certain things stand out and draw the attention more of the target audience. Also the props used in my photographs related to my audience a lot more accurately and were a direct mode of address to the readers that the magazine was about the Dubstep genre. (See my folders for these photographs).

No comments:

Post a Comment