Saturday 14 May 2011

Evaluation Question 5

How did you attract/address your audience?
I have designed my product to appeal top my target audience in many ways. Firstly I have used informal language to appeal to the younger audience (14-25). As a lot of my target audience will be students and teenagers middle class and working class they will be used to reading information informally. This would therefore be more comfortable to them. Secondly the main image and other images used in my magazine show a dubstep artist ages 18. This music artist is a similar age to the audience, therefore this would make the audience feel more comfortable and involved with the magazine as the artist is liked the reader.  Thirdly on my magazine front cover I have used puffs like “Win an £15 ITunes voucher” to attract the younger audience to the magazine. ITunes has become very popular over the last 5 years and is used a lot by college students and teenagers. Therefore offering them a free voucher would be suitable for this situation. Also Dubstep is a new genre to the world today. It has become popular with the younger male audience all over the world. Therefore Dubstep seemed a suitable genre of music to feature in my magazine and to attract my audience. As Dubstep is listened to more by the male audience I then decided a masculine colour scheme used in my magazine would then make the male audience feel comfortable and not embarrassed to read the magazine. Also on my contents page I have used a student style layout and design to attract my audience. For example I have used crimpled paper as a background with post-it notes as the article space. I did this as a lot of students will read my magazine and therefore this will fit to their study lifestyle. Lastly the article on my DPS references to a lot of teenage dreams. For example I told a story of an artist on how he become famous making the music he loved. This is an everyday teenagers dream as they want to become “Super Stars”. This would therefore get the readers excited and involved with the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment